Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'll try to be better...

I was hoping to blog faithfully every (or every-other) day, but I've always been a terrible journal-er. I will try to be better!

Couple things happened since the 15th, like, oh, a NEW PRESIDENT! Come on, Change! Haha, but seriously, some change would be nice. The Inauguration was neat to watch; would have been cool to be there and really I have no excuse except I didn't want to deal with those crowds!


On a funny note, I received this email:

Dear World:
We, the United States of America, your top quality supplier of the ideals of liberty and democracy, would like to apologize for our 2001-2008 interruption in service. The technical fault that led to this eight-year service outage has been located, and the software responsible was replaced November 4. Early tests of the newly installed program indicate that we are now operating correctly, and we expect it to be fully functional on January 20. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the outage. We look forward to resuming full service and hope to improve in years to come. We thank you for your patience and understanding.
Sincerely,
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

My friend Jels said that "
Hopefully it doesn't suffer to greatly from the lack of a thorough testing cycle, due to it's being rushed into production. but it should also include a warning that the pending Secretary of State Plugin is a pretty vicious Wyrm virus that is really hard to get rid of." Haha!

Below: coffee cups the morning of the inauguration:

No comments:

Post a Comment