Wednesday, September 2, 2009

To tattoo or not to tattoo?

To date, my body is unmarked, other than pierced ears and the odd scar here and there. Friends as well as family have taken the tattoo plunge, some multiple time, but it was never for me... until now?

Jake has been (pretty seriously) planning to get a tattoo of the Czech Lion on his right shoulder blade since we lived in Prague but, for one reason or another, it hasn't happened yet. Now we have a friend who is very into everyone getting tattoos together - perfect time for Jake to finally do it!!


The thing is, Jake would feel more comfortable finally taking the plunge if I were to jump with him but...

I'm on the fence.

As I said before, I'd thought about tattoos, but always eventually declined, mostly for the reason that I couldn't think of anything I liked enough or felt strongly enough about to permanently imprint, engrave, tattoo upon my body. And on top of that, where would I get it on myself?!

I may be making it sound like I'm being pushed into this, but despite always coming to a negatiive conclusion, I've actually thought about tattoos a lot and now we've come up with a wonderful, appropriate, and I feel, the very ME idea of a map. A world map tattoo.


And it took my amazing husband who knows me so well, maybe better than myself to come up with it.

If it's going to happen, it's going to happen soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment