Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cabin Fever

As our departure at the end of September approaches, I realize IT IS NOT APPROACHING QUICKLY ENOUGH!

Baltimore is making me stir-crazy!!

Jake has gone to Pittsburgh for 5 days to visit family. I'm home with nothing to do (besides packing, cleaning, more packing and cleaning, laundry, using up food before we move out, and cleaning) and as the bro and I have two days off mid-week, he suggested CAMPING! We LOVE camping!

So, spur of the moment, I think we'll head up to the Deep Creek area with a stop in Htown for the tent tomorrow! Nature, here we come!

It got me thinking about rustic cabins, the woods and nature-as-decor, so, for your viewing pleasure, the results of wasted time browsing the internet decorating a house I don't have!

Love the light and the simplicity - easy to go overboard with "rustic."

I'm a sucker for cute S&P shakers!

Maybe not what you think of when you think rustic cabin but as my "rustic" tends towards the french/euro chic rusticity, here we have modern rustic.

These house numbers come in multiple finishes, but I think I prefer the antique copper since it's coloring is the brown-est and woodsiest.

More of an Out of Africa rustic camping safari resort chic ;)

I love the warmth and coloring of this braided rug.

And for that touch-of-class: Bears motor boating in a Chriscraft:


No comments:

Post a Comment